New Student Orientation
new IELP students are required to attend the IELP New Student Orientation Meeting.
A New Student Orientation Meeting is held at the beginning of each term. View
Time: The IELP New Student Orientation generally takes
place from 9:00am - 3:30pm.
Location: Please view the IELP
Academic Calendar for exact location and time.
During the New Student
Orientation Day you will:
- Receive an orientation packet filled with
- Meet IELP faculty and staff
- Have your immigration check-in
- Learn about:
- IELP class requirements
- US immigration and
student visa requirements
- IELP student activities
- cultural adjustment
- campus resources
- Take a campus tour
how to get your PSU student ID card
- Activate your PSU computer/printing account
- Ensure you have adequate vaccinations
- Receive information about the
city of Portland
- Have a chance to ask questions
other new students
- Enjoy lunch with your new classmates & friends!
- Pencil for taking notes
- Comfortable shoes
- A smile and outgoing spirit for making new friends
Part of the New Student Orientation: Immigration Check-in
All new students will complete an immigration check-in.
At immigration check-in, your immigration documents will be reviewed and copies will be made for your file. Bring the following information/documents with you to immigration check-in:
- I-94 card (should be stapled to your passport)
- I-2D (F-1 visa holders) or DS-2019 (J-1 visa holders)
- Local contact information (address and telephone number)